IT Help Desk
The IT Help Desk is here to meet the technological needs of students, faculty, and staff, and specifically to provide assistance with Canvas, student email, Online Student Services, Trailblazers wireless configuration, and other technical troubleshooting.
|Location:||Holland Centennial Commons, Second Floor at the Library Entrance|
Computers and technology are a necessary part of today’s learning environment and workplaces. Students may need support to succeed in the growing digital world and the ever growing and changing educational technology requirements placed upon them.
The IT Help Desk provides a necessary service to students, faculty, and staff that will help keep them up-to-date with the ever-changing IT services on campus. It also provides an important role in student retention by adding a valuable service that will show that the University is dedicated to assisting our students so they can succeed.
Our goal is to make technology work for Utah Tech’s students, faculty and staff.
Services provided to students, faculty, and staff:
Digital ID and Passwords
- Reset passwords and assist with general login inquiries
- Answer general inquiries and will escalate to System Administration as needed
Campus Wireless Access
- Assist with general inquiries or connectivity issues
Assist with general inquiries or connectivity issues
Assist with student print accounts
IT Service Center
|Location:||IT Solutions Building|
We offer students, faculty and staff technical support for personal computers (must show University ID card). We service both Apple and Windows computers. If you need assistance with a University-owned device, contact IT Support at ext. 8324.
Repair Cost: $30 an hour (plus sales tax). If the repair is completed within the first half hour, there is no charge.
- Software Installs: Will assist with software installation
- Virus Removal: Will attempt to remove virus/malware or recommend a clean installation of the operating system
- Hardware Install: Will check hardware compatibility and install hardware
- Hardware Repair: Will find replacement part and advise where to purchase it (we do not order parts)
- Data Backup: Will backup your data on hard drive or external media
- Data Recovery: Will attempt to recover files from the storage device, but is dependent on the drive's condition