IT Help Desk
The IT Help Desk meets the technology needs of students, faculty, and staff, by providing assistance connecting to and using the various Utah Tech University systems, including myUT, Banner, Canvas, O365, Google Workspace, and our wireless network, as well as many others.
|Location:||Holland Centennial Commons, Second Floor at the Library Entrance|
Computers and technology are a part of today’s learning environment and workplaces. Students need support to succeed in the evolving digital world and the ever changing technology requirements placed upon them. The IT Help Desk provides that support to help them navigate and successfully use Utah Tech’s systems to be successful in their educational pursuits.
The IT Service Catalog includes:
- Accounts & Access
- Applications & Software
- Computers & Printing
- Enterprise Systems
- Classroom & Instructional Technology
- Communication and Collaboration
- Web Services & Digital Signage
- Network & Telecommunications
- Information Security
IT Service Center
|Location:||IT Solutions Building|
We offer students, faculty and staff technical support for personal computers (must show University ID card). We service both Apple and Windows computers. If you need assistance with a University-owned device, contact IT Support at ext. 8324.
Repair Cost: $30 an hour (plus sales tax). If the repair is completed within the first half hour, there is no charge.
- Software Installs: Will assist with software installation
- Virus Removal: Will attempt to remove virus/malware or recommend a clean installation of the operating system
- Hardware Install: Will check hardware compatibility and install hardware
- Hardware Repair: Will find replacement part and advise where to purchase it (we do not order parts)
- Data Backup: Will backup your data on hard drive or external media
- Data Recovery: Will attempt to recover files from the storage device, but is dependent on the drive's condition