Disability Resource Center
|Location:||North Plaza Building (next to Testing Center)|
Eligibility for Services
The Disability Resource Center serves qualified and enrolled students with disabilities to ensure equal access to Utah Tech programs and services. A qualified student with a disability is a student with a disability who meets the academic and technical standards required for admission or participation in Utah Tech educational programs and services. As defined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), a person has a disability if they:
- Have a physical or mental impairment which substantially limits one or more major life activities, or
- Have a record of such impairment, or
- Are regarded as having such impairment.
In order to establish eligibility and to receive accommodative services, a student must do the following:
- Self-identify as a person with a disability.
- Complete and submit application with appropriate documentation.
- Online application.
- Paper application packets are available at the Disability Resource Center (435-652-7516).
- Meet with DRC staff to discuss accommodation options and implementation process.
All information related to the student’s disability is confidential. It will not be made available to faculty or other staff except to ensure that appropriate accommodations are being provided.