|Office:||106 Student Activity Center|
International Student & Scholars Office (ISSO) at Utah Tech University provides international students with orientation, immigration services, employment assistance including CPT and OPT and academic advisement. Through collaboration with other departments and organizations, ISSO recruits academically-oriented students, engages current students through support services and advocates on their behalf to support academic goals leading to graduation.
The International Student & Scholars Office offers tuition waivers are available for first-time international students as well as continuing or transfer students.
The International Freshmen Merit Scholarship is a merit-based tuition waiver for new F-1 undergraduate, degree-seeking international students admitted directly into a university bachelor’s degree program.
Eligibility: All new F-1 undergraduate, degree-seeking international students applying to Utah Tech will be considered. Scholarships will be awarded to international students who meet the following criteria:
- English proficiency scores:
- Overall TOEFL score 68+ (Reading – 22+ & Writing 24+ preferred)
- Overall IELTS score of 6.0+ (Reading 6.0+ & Writing 6.0 + preferred)
- Overall Duolingo score of 95+
- ACT English score of 17+
- SAT Writing/Language score of 24+
- College Placement Test (CPT/Accuplacer) Sentence Skills scores of 76+
- 3.0 GPA or equivalent OR ACT score of 26+ OR SAT score of 1240+
- Scholarship recipients will be required to maintain a minimum 3.2 GPA each semester.
The Continuing & Transfer Student Scholarship is a merit-based tuition waiver for F-1 undergraduate, degree-seeking international students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program at Utah Tech.
Eligibility: All continuing F-1 undergraduate, degree-seeking international students enrolled full-time in an associate or bachelor’s degree program at Utah Tech University St. George main campus and complete the application will be considered. Scholarships will be awarded to international students who meet the following criteria:
- Completion of a minimum of 24 credit hours and have a minimum 3.2 GPA from Utah Tech or another regionally accredited school before applying for the scholarship (excludes ESL credits).
- Maintain a full-time enrollment status of 12 credits per semester and a 3.2 cumulative GPA to keep scholarship (excludes ESL credits).
- Sign a housing lease agreement with Housing Services. If space is not available, applicants will be granted a waiver.
- Must be working toward an Associates’ or Bachelors’ degree
- Must have a verification of eligibility signed by an International Student Services office representative
- Must be in Good Standing with International Student & Scholars Office
Events & Activities
Each year The International Student & Scholars Office holds several campus-wide events that are open to all students, faculty, staff and community member, as well as activities specifically plan for international students:
- Welcome Back Activity
- International Education Week
- Mr. & Ms. Utah Tech International Showcase
- Breakfast for Dinner
- Holiday Dinner
- Graduation Banquet
For more information please visit our website.