The Management bachelor’s degree at Utah Tech University is directed toward students who are seeking a general business degree. This degree would be especially appropriate for students who want to manage small businesses or become entrepreneurs. The degree is also an excellent choice for students wishing to pursue a Master of Business Administration degree.
Utah Tech General Education Requirements
All Utah Tech General Education requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to Utah Tech's minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|General Education Core Requirements|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||3|
Business Core Requirements
|ACCT 2010||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 2020||Managerial Accounting||3|
|ECON 2010||Micro Economics (SS, GC)||3|
|FIN 3150||Managerial Finance I||3|
|ISA 2010||Proficiency in Excel & SQL||3|
|ISA 2050||Management Information Systems||3|
|MGMT 3050||Business Law I: Law in the Commercial Environment||3|
|MGMT 3100||Business Ethics and Professional Writing||3|
|MGMT 3400||Management & Organizations||3|
|MGMT 3600||Operations and Supply Chain Management (ALPP)||3|
|MKTG 3010||Marketing Principles (ALPP)||3|
|STAT 2040||Business Statistics||3|
Management Core Requirements
|BUS 3000||Intermediate Career Strategies||1|
|ECON 2020||Macro Economics (SS, GC)||3|
|MATH 1100||Business Calculus (MA)||3|
|or MATH 1210||Calculus I (MA)|
|or MGMT 4040||Quantitative Decision Analysis|
|MGMT 3300||Human Resource Management||3|
|MGMT 3700||Organizational Behavior||3|
|MGMT 4800||Strategic Management (ALPP)||3|
|Analytics Depth Elective: Choose one of the following:|
|ISA 3020||SQL & Python for Analytics||3|
|ISA 4070||Data Visualization and Storytelling||3|
|ISA 4450||Project Management||3|
|FIN 4380||Financial Modeling and Decision Making||3|
Other MANAGEMENT Electives
Complete 15 credits from the courses listed below, at least 5 credits must be upper-division (3000-5000 level). A course may only be used to fulfill one program requirement.
- Any MGMT course
- Any upper-division ACCT, FIN, ECON, ISA, or MKTG course (except for ACCT 3001, FIN 3001, ISA 3001)
- BUS 1370
- DES 2100
- SE 3500
- MKTG 1530R
- Complete a minimum of 120 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 40 upper-division credits (3000 and above).
- Complete at least 30 upper-division credits at Utah Tech for institutional residency.
- Maximum 12 upper-division transfer credits may fulfill Utah Tech Business program requirements.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.
- Minimum C- grade and 2.5 GPA in Business Core Requirements, Management Core Requirements, and Management Elective Requirements.