Art - Entertainment, Arts, and Animation Emphasis, BA/BS
An education in Visual Arts can be defined as the process whereby one learns how to produce art; engage in the aesthetic and critical analysis of art, and to talk, read, and write about art. Students at Utah Tech will be exposed to numerous concepts and activities involved in becoming visually and aesthetically literate. As part of their artistic study, students will become proficient in their art discipline. Students will have the opportunity to visit major regional art museums and exhibit artwork both on and off campus.
Utah Tech General Education Requirements
All Utah Tech General Education requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to Utah Tech's minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|General Education Core Requirements|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||3|
|Bachelor of Arts: Foreign Language Requirement||3-16|
|Complete one of the following:|
- Complete 16 credits in a single foreign language, through earned credit (grade C or higher), credit by examination, or vertical credit from the courses listed on the GE Foreign Language Requirement page 1
- Complete a 2020 or higher foreign language course (grade C or higher)
- Complete a 3060 foreign language course listed below (grade C or higher)
- Receive 16 transfer credits for GEFL 1000 (8) and GEFL 2000 (8) in a single foreign language (grade C or higher)
|Complete a 1010 course listed below in a second foreign language (grade C or higher) AND one of the following:|
|1. In a language not taught at Utah Tech, receive 12 FLATS exam credits for FLAT 1000 (8) and FLAT 2000 (4)|
|2. In a language not taught at Utah Tech, receive 12 transfer credits articulated as GEFL 1000 (8) and GEFL 2000 (4) (all grade C or higher)|
|Available only to students who are nonnative English speakers, complete one of the following:|
- Complete 16 credits of ESL courses listed below (grade B or higher)
- Submit one of the following test scores required for unconditional Utah Tech admission: TOEFL (61 iBT, 173 CBT, or 500 PBT); or Michigan (70); or USU-IELE equivalent score. Other tests may be accepted for admission to Utah Tech but will not fulfill this requirement. Official scores must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office.
Art Core Requirements
|ART 1001||FYE: Art and Design||2|
|ART 1110||Drawing and Composition (FA)||3|
|ART 1120||2-Dimensional Design (FA)||3|
|ART 1130||3-Dimensional Design I||3|
|ARTH 2710||Prehistoric to Gothic Art History (FA)||3|
|ARTH 2720||Renaissance to Contemporary Art History (FA)||3|
Entertainment, Arts, and Animation Emphasis Requirements
|ART 2120||Digital Art||3|
|ART 2600||Drawing for Animation||3|
|ART 2610||3D Graphics Essentials||3|
|ART 3610||3D Graphics||3|
|ART 3630||2D Animation||3|
|ART 3640||3D Character Rigging||3|
|ART 3650||3D Animation||3|
|ART 4660||3D Animation II||3|
|ART 4810||Senior Animation Capstone||3|
|Complete 18 credits from the following:|
|ART 2060||Digital Photography (FA)||3|
|ART 3410||Life Drawing||3|
|ART 3450R||Anatomy for the Artist||3|
|ART 3625||Game Engine Production||3|
|ART 3910R||Digital Painting||3|
|ART 4630||2D Animation II||3|
|ART 4950R||Art Internship Maximum Repeat Credits: 6||1-3|
|ART 4990R||Seminar in Art Maximum Repeat Credits: 6||1-3|
|DES 3300||Motion Graphics I||3|
|DES 4300||Motion Graphics II||3|
|FILM 2130||Beginning Screenwriting||3|
|FILM 2660||Introduction to Digital Film Production||3|
|FILM 3660||Digital Film Production||4|
|FILM 3680||Digital Film Editing||2|
|FILM 3685||Digital Film Editing Lab||1|
- Complete a minimum of 120 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 40 upper-division credits (3000 and above).
- Complete at least 30 upper-division credits at Utah Tech for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.
- Grade C- or higher in each Core Discipline, Emphasis Requirement, and Emphasis Elective course.