Healthcare Administration, Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS)
This program is a Bachelor of Applied Science in Healthcare Administration designed as a completion program for students currently holding an AAS or AS degree in health science fields. This program is available online. It allows students who have completed a health sciences-based Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or Associate of Science (AS) degree to achieve a bachelor's degree within an additional three semesters that is meaningful, applicable to their field of choice, and may qualify them to move into supervisory roles, and/or progress to graduate programs if desired. This degree will include upper division courses in quality management, health policy, patient safety, population health, health administration, biostatistics, epidemiology, leadership, and research methods. Students will also complete undergraduate research in their field. Completing a bachelor's degree prepares these graduates to move into supervisory positions within a healthcare system and progress to graduate programs.
- Completion of AAS or AS from a regionally accredited university in a Health Sciences program or completion of AS from a regionally accredited university and six months relevant healthcare work experience
- All Utah Tech University required general education courses must be completed before beginning core BAS-HA courses
- Minimum College GPA of 3.2 or Program Director approval
Utah Tech General Education Requirements
All Utah Tech General Education requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to Utah Tech's minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|General Education Core Requirements|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||3|
Recommended GE courses (available online)
|ARTH 2720||Renaissance to Contemporary Art History (FA)||3|
|CHEM 1010||Introduction to Chemistry (PS)||3|
|HIST 1700||American History (AI)||3|
BAS Required Courses
|HLTH 3010||Population & Community Health||3|
|HLTH 3020||U.S. & World Health Systems||3|
|HLTH 3385||Healthcare Quality and Safety||3|
|HLTH 3400||Healthcare Project Management||3|
|HLTH 3500||Health Organization Financial Analysis||3|
|HLTH 3750||Health Determinants & Disparities (SS for BAS degree only)||3|
|HLTH 4010||Biostatistics & Epidemiology||3|
|HLTH 4020||Research Methodology in Population Health||3|
|HLTH 4300||Healthcare Marketing||3|
|HLTH 4400||Health Law & Ethics (HU for BAS degree only)||3|
|HLTH 4600||Health Economics||3|
|HLTH 4790||Management of Healthcare Organizations & Strategy||3|
|HLTH 4800||Health Policy||3|
|HLTH 3510R||Revenue Cycle Management and Health Plans||3|
- Complete a minimum of 120 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- Complete at least 40 upper-division credits (3000 and above).
- Complete at least 30 upper-division credits at Utah Tech for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.
- Minimum C grade in all required courses and required elective courses.