Sport Management, MS
The Master of Science in Sport Management provides specialization in the high-level management and coordination of the development and operations of athletic teams, departments, and organizations at the amateur, collegiate, and professional levels. The program requires the completion of 30 graduate-level credits focusing on a variety of sport opportunities, specifically in high performance management, athlete wellness and development, and athletic governance and operations. The program will prepare graduates to become experts in their chosen medium of specialization as students will choose an emphasis in Athletic Administration or Sport Performance Management. The Athletic Administration emphasis will focus on the leadership, management and governance of organized sport. The Sport Performance Management emphasis will focus on managing teams of staff responsible for enhancing athlete performance.
Admission into the MS in Sport Management will be based on the number of seats available and an evaluation of the following requirements:
- BA or BS from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent for international students.
- 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate studies
- Two confidential letters of recommendation
Admission to the program will be open to any undergraduate major, but an educational background in related disciplines will be preferred. When an applicant does not have a related educational experience, they may be admitted on a provisional status for one semester to determine academic and discipline preparation.
|Sport Management Required Courses|
|SPMG 6010||Managerial Strategies in Athletics||3|
|SPMG 6100||Athlete Development and Wellness||3|
|SPMG 6630||Sport Analytics and Data Visualization||3|
|SPMG 6920||Sport Industry Practicum||3|
|SPMG 6925||Sport Industry Internship||3|
|HHP 6295||Quantitative Methods in Human Performance||3|
|Athletic Administration Emphasis:|
|SPMG 6250||Governance and Compliance in Athletics||3|
|SPMG 6430||Sport Facility Operations and Event Management||3|
|SPMG 6540||Strategic Sport Marketing and Communication||3|
|SPMG 6720||Revenue Generation: Fundraising, Sponsorships, and Sales||3|
|Sport Performance Management Emphasis:|
|SPMG 6200||Strength and Power Development||3|
|SPMG 6400||Psychology of High Performance||3|
|SPMG 6570||Motor Learning and Control in Sport Performance||3|
|SPMG 6820||Human Movement Science and Instrumentation||3|
- Completion of 18 credit hours of required core courses.
- Completion of 12 credit hours of approved emphasis courses.
- Completion of 30 credit hours with no grade lower than a C+.
- Earn a 3.0 or higher grade point average in the graduate program.
- Apply for graduation by the dates posted at https://graduation.utahtech.edu/.
- Gain final approval for graduation from the Graduate Council.
- Completion of all other program and university requirements.