Technology Innovation, BAS
This Bachelor of Applied Science in Technology Innovation is one of three BAS degrees is based on the STACKS model of clustering several courses around a specific disciplinary or workforce skill. Each STACK also qualifies as an institutional or proficiency certificate and will appear on the transcript. This BAS is a flexible degree completion program targeting adult students who have completed some college credit or experiential learning that could be accepted for college credit. An associate's degree is not required. This program is designed to develop innovation and technology development skills by clustering courses into STACKS of variable credits and configuring the STACKS into pathways to graduation. Once a student has completed 60 credits including completion of GE math and English requirements, acceptance into this BAS degree completion program is guaranteed. Students will work with the program advisor to select the STACKS pathway that is most applicable to their educational and employment goals. STACKS from the BAS programs in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences and from the College of Business may also be incorporated into the graduation pathway for this degree.
- 60 credits including English and Math GE requirements
Utah Tech General Education Requirements
All Utah Tech General Education requirements must be fulfilled. A previously earned degree may fulfill those requirements, but courses must be equivalent to Utah Tech's minimum General Education standards in American Institutions, English, and Mathematics.
|General Education Core Requirements|
|Social & Behavioral Sciences||3|
Technology Innovation Requirements
|Required courses for all pathways:|
|DES 2100||Design Thinking||3|
|SE 1400||Web Design Fundamentals (ALCS)||3|
|CS 1400||Fundamentals of Programming||3|
|SE 4920||Internship (ALPP)||3|
|or DES 4920R||Internship|
|Program Fee of $195 per year (access to software for applied education)|
Select a minimum of 2 certificates
- Advanced Design
- Tech Innovation and Entrepreneur
- Web Design and Development
- Advanced Information Technology
- Data Analytics
- Complete a minimum of 120 college-level credits (1000 and above).
- At least 36 credits must be within a Utah Tech Certificate (2 Certificates must be from this program).
- Complete at least 40 upper-division credits (3000 and above), up to 12 credits may be taken as optional electives to reach the total upper division requirement.
- Complete at least 30 upper-division credits at Utah Tech for institutional residency.
- Cumulative GPA 2.0 or higher.